When you turn the key in your ignition, the engine will turn over and crank. To get it to crank, you need a flow of air into the engine -- which is why your vehicle is equipped with a starter motor. Your vehicle may have a remote starter if you drive a newer model. These starters allow you to start your vehicle from a distance by pressing a button on your key fob.
How Can I Tell if my Starter is Bad?
Like other parts of your vehicle, a starter will eventually go bad. If you think it's time to repair or replace yours, you can keep an eye out for some of the warning signs. One of the most common signs is the engine not turning over. You may also notice:
- Grinding or clicking sounds
- The starter stays on after you start your car
- See or smell smoke
- Starter engages but motor won't start
- Battery issues
Where Can I Purchase a Toyota Starter Near me?
You can buy a new starter right here at Toyota OEM Parts Online. Our catalog is home to numerous OEM starters guaranteed to fit the model you love to drive. Keep in mind that in-stock orders usually ship within 24 hours. Others may take up to 2-3 business days. If you need to make a return or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us ASAP!
No results found for "starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!