What is an Alternator and What Does it do?
The alternator is one of the components needed to deliver electrical power to your Toyota vehicle. Alternators produce electrical energy from mechanical energy thanks to an alternating current. Some of the parts that are powered by the alternator include the headlights, heated seats, radio, power windows and locks, and even the windshield wipers.
How Can I Tell If My Alternator is Failing?
When your alternator goes bad, your battery must work harder. Usually, an alternator will last anywhere between 7 to 10 years, depending on your car. You can also keep an eye out for some of the warning symptoms. They include:
- Dim or overly bright headlights
- The entertainment system is acting up
- A dead car battery
- Battery warning light pops up on the dash
- Unusual growling sounds coming from the engine
Do you think your alternator is failing? You can test your charging system or reference your owner's manual for more information.
Order Your Genuine Toyota Alternator Today
If you need to replace your current alternator, you will want to purchase one made by your OEM, Toyota. The alternators in our inventory are guaranteed to be compatible with your specific model. Please take this time to browse our catalog and place an order. Once we receive it, we'll ship it out to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions for our team or need shopping advice, please feel free to contact us!
- Land Cruiser,
- Corolla Cross,
- RAV4 Prime
No results found for "alternator". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!